Sunday, May 3, 2009

I've been marginally, and at times un-, employed since May of 2007. Leaving my job with the Big Law Firm, was a smart move then, but times have changed since then, and the change in the economy has created an economic challenge for me and so many others, living on savings, occasional work and ingenuity. I've learned quite a bit about the reality of living on little, stretching a dollar and making due. I've been challenged to put into practice the rhetoric that I've often espoused about living frugally, doing with less, etc.

On the other hand, I've been the beneficiary of some incredible generosity. One of the lessons I'm learning is to be appreciative of others gifts, and to look for ways to pay that forward.

I hope to write in this blog about the frugal life, cooking, and whatever else I come across. I hope to learn to express my ideas and to write better. Writing critiques are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment